How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Find out how you can stop a cockroach infestation by following these simple tips from our cockroach pest control experts.
Common Cockroach Removal Methods at Home
- Trap cockroaches using baking soda and sugar. Mix baking soda and sugar to create a mixture that can reduce the chances of a cockroach invasion in your home. For the mixture to be effective, you need to apply the mixture in hard-to-reach areas such as the back of the oven or refrigerator and any dark and damp areas in the kitchen.
- Use boric acid to kill cockroaches. Boric acid can be used to kill cockroaches easily. However, it is important to note that boric acid is poisonous and should be handled correctly. Boric acid must be kept out of reach from children.
- Spray fabric softener. Mix fabric softener with distilled water in a spray bottle. You can spray this fabric softener mixture in cockroach-prone areas to prevent cockroaches. You may also spray this mixture directly onto cockroaches you may find in your home.
- Use bay leaves as a cockroach repellant. You can crush bay leaves into a powder to repel cockroaches. Cockroaches hate the smell of bay leaves. You can leave bay leaves in and around your kitchen to repel cockroaches. Using bay leaves is a good home cockroach solution since bay leaves are non-toxic and completely safe for children and pets.
- Prevent a cockroach infestation with lemon peels. Lemons are antipathogenic, which make them effective at repelling cockroaches. You can even mix lemon-infused oil and spray the mixture in and around your home, especially in the kitchen, storage spaces and other cockroach-prone areas.
What if these home remedies don't work?
We recommend that you consult our pest control experts immediately! Masters Pest Control Sydney can easily remove cockroaches from your home. We offer cockroach pest control services that are safe and environmentally friendly.
Call (02) 8007 4666 for a FREE CONSULTATION!
Is there a better way to get rid of cockroaches?
Yes, we recommend booking professionals to get a lasting and effective pest control solution.
Using bug sprays, insect repellants, and other home remedies will never give you a long-term solution. Most of these products sold in the market contain chemicals that are not good for our health.
How can I prevent a cockroach infestation?
Here are some simple and easy ways to prevent a cockroach infestation.
- Store food in sealed containers. Do not leave food out in the open.
- Avoid leaving dirty dishes and utensils in the sink. Cockroaches thrive in a moist or wet environment. Your sink will be one of their first targets.
- Always remember to clean your home regularly. Cockroaches feed on almost any organic matter, such as dead skin. Make sure to do thoroughly clean your home to avoid a cockroach infestation.
- Avoid clutter by throwing unnecessary things away. Clean your drawers and storage spaces. Get rid of old papers, newspapers, plastic shopping bags, envelopes and other unnecessary clutter.
If you see yourself suffering from a cockroach infestation, contact our trusted team today. We have licensed pest exterminators and building professionals who are members of the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association. Our services include bug removal, vermin control and termite control Sydney wide.
Professional Pest Control Consultation
Need more help? Chat now or consult our pest experts on (02) 8007 4666!
If you still struggle with cockroaches or want a complete pest solution that protects your property from common pests such as termites, rodents, and bed bugs, contact the masters of pest control. For any enquiries, feel free to chat with us or call (02) 8007 4666!